Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

lapucelle

(20,608 posts)
4. The Jerusalem Post cites an unnamed Israeli official as the source.
Wed Jul 23, 2025, 09:04 PM
Jul 23
Hamas claims that the terror group handed its response to the Israeli ceasefire proposal to mediators, Hamas's official news agency SAFA reported on Thursday morning.

This follows an Israeli official telling The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday that Hamas has yet to deliver an official response to the Israeli proposal that was submitted a week ago and is now raising new demands on issues that had already been resolved.

The hostage-ceasefire deal mediators refused to relay Hamas’s response to Israel’s proposed deal on Tuesday, saying it was not a serious answer, two people familiar with the matter told the Post.

At a meeting with representatives from Qatar and Egypt in Doha on Tuesday, Hamas officials responded to the framework. “This is not a serious response,” the mediators told them, according to the informed sources. “Go back and draft a new one.”

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-862011

Recommendations

0 members have recommended this reply (displayed in chronological order):

Latest Discussions»Issue Forums»Israel/Palestine»Hamas raising new demands...»Reply #4