Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

BumRushDaShow

(172,424 posts)
Thu May 21, 2026, 08:04 PM Thursday

Mike Lindell and Proud Boys Leader Seek Trump 'Anti-Weaponization' Payouts

Source: Newsweek

Published May 21, 2026 at 08:02 AM EDT updated May 21, 2026 at 08:20 AM EDT


Several prominent supporters of President Donald Trump have said they will be applying for compensation through the Department of Justice’s newly launched "Anti-Weaponization" fund.

The $1.8 billion fund was created "in exchange" for Trump and members of his family dropping a $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) over the unauthorized disclosure of his tax returns, according to the DOJ. The funds will be used to pay individuals who are able to prove that they were victims of government "weaponization," and several have already expressed interest in seeking redress.

Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow and a leading advocate of Trump’s claim that the 2020 election was stolen, has said he plans to pursue compensation through the fund, arguing that his company lost $400 million because of perceived government weaponization.

Enrique Tarrio, the former Proud Boys leader who was sentenced ‌to 22 years for "seditious conspiracy" in relation to the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol—but pardoned by Trump last year—told the Miami New Times that he would "definitely" be applying for compensation, and told Reuters he believes his claim could be worth between $2 million and $5 million. Newsweek has contacted the Justice Department via email outside of regular hours for comment.

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/lindell-proud-boys-leader-trump-anti-weaponization-payouts-11976417

7 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Mike Lindell and Proud Boys Leader Seek Trump 'Anti-Weaponization' Payouts (Original Post) BumRushDaShow Thursday OP
omg!! Seems like Trumpy will have to increase his Fund. riversedge Thursday #1
paying for continued silence? nt wiggs Thursday #2
Mike Pence should apply SCantiGOP Thursday #3
Lindell was never prosecuted by the Government. His was in a civil lawsuit that he lost. n/t Jacson6 Thursday #4
He was knee deep in the Tina Peters fiasco BumRushDaShow Yesterday #5
Lindell threw his Company in the shitter from sucking the Trump teet and now wants Bengus81 Yesterday #6
I must admit that Rand Paul distilled this corrupt scheme into one sentence Zambero 21 hrs ago #7

Bengus81

(10,383 posts)
6. Lindell threw his Company in the shitter from sucking the Trump teet and now wants
Fri May 22, 2026, 07:43 AM
Yesterday

taxpayers to BAIL him out. No way.

FUCK YOU LINDELL!

Zambero

(10,031 posts)
7. I must admit that Rand Paul distilled this corrupt scheme into one sentence
Fri May 22, 2026, 11:57 AM
21 hrs ago

"I think it’s unprecedented to see a settlement between two parties that seem to be the same person.”

Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»Mike Lindell and Proud Bo...